DIALOGUE: AT THE CUSTOMS
(对话:在海关)
(The international Arrival Hall.Auckland, New Zealand)
(新西兰,奥克兰,世界抵达大厅)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Good morning, Sir.
(早上好,先生)
MAN: Morning.
(早上好)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Is this all your baggage. Sir?
(你就这些行李?)
Man:Yes. that’s it.
(是的,就这些)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:You travel light, don’t you?
(你的行李真少,是吧?)
May I see your declaration form,please?
(请出示您的申报表)
MAN:
What?
(啥?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Your declaration form?
(您的申报表)
MAN: What’s that?
(那是啥?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Where you say what goods you’re bringing into the country.
(就是声明你带入进这个国家啥物品的阐明表)
MAN: Into the country? I don’t undersatnd.
(进入国家? 我不理解)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Have you anything to declare?
(你没有啥需要申报的吗?)
MAN: Of course not!
(当然没有!)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Just open up your bag for me, will you, Sir?
(先生请翻开你的包裹)
MAN: If I must.
(假定我有必要这样做)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:
Yes. you must. This is a very expensive apple phone. Where did you buy it?
(是的,您有必要翻开,这是个非常名贵的苹果手机,您在哪儿买的?)
MAN:In New York. If it‘s any of your business.
(在纽约,这关你啥事)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:It is my business. Sir. I’m afraid you’ll have to pay duty on this.
(这关我的事,先生,我想您有必要给手机付关税)
MAN:This is Mad! What’s going on?
(荒诞绝伦,
怎么了?)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Perhaps I’d better see your passport. Sir.
(先生,或许我得看你的护照)
MAN:I haven’t go one.
(我没有)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Haven’t got one? You must have.
(您没有? 您有必要有)
MAN:Well. I haven’t
(可是,我就是没有)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:You aren’t being very helpfull. are you. Sir? If you refuse to answer my questions, I may have to take you into custody.
(先生,你不协作我,对吗?假定你回绝答复我的疑问,我就不得不关你禁锢。)
MAN: But. I an answering your questions. I just don’t seem to be giving you the answer you
want.
(可是,我一向在答复你的疑问,我只是如同没有你想要的答案)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:Is this the first time you’ve travelled abroad, Sir?
(先生,这是您初度出国旅行吗?)
MAN: Travelled abroad? I wouldn’t call California abroad.
(出口旅行? 我不认为加利福尼亚是国外)
CUSTOMS OFFICER:California? This is New Zealand.
(加利福尼亚? 这是新西兰)
MAN: This isn’t Oakland California?
(这儿不是加利福尼亚的奥克兰吗?)
CUSTOM OFFICER:No. Sir. It’s Auckland,New Zealand.
(不,先生,这儿是新西兰的奥克兰)