英国人素以“绅士风味”出名,为了礼貌,英国人不得不把white lies挂在嘴边。最新研讨证明,英国人均匀每天要扯谎四次!可是,咱们从这些little lies中却可以学到不少简明简明的地道口语表达。让咱们一同跟着英国人学“揄扬”吧~
Researchers found the average Briton tells on average four lies every day or almost 1500 every year.
研讨发现,每个英国人均匀每天要扯谎四次,或许每年约扯谎1500次。
A spokesman for
OnePoll, which carried out the research of 4,300 adults, said: “As a nation we are obsessed with trying to be nice and not upsetting
people.
该研讨由英国商场查询公司OnePoll策划,共查询了4300位英国成年人。其讲话人对研讨成果标明“咱们民族太讲究礼貌了,(扯谎是为了)不想让别人感到不适。”
“Often little white lies can paper over what we actually want to say. Most of these were considered either completely harmless or tactically necessary depending on the situation in which they are delivered.”
“我们说的这些好心的小鬼话是为了点缀咱们真实想说的话。大大都小鬼话都是完全无害的,或许说这些小鬼话是在特定情况下有必要用的战术办法。”
He added: “It was sad to see a string of compliments in the top 50, but once again in many cases perhaps it is better to flatter with a fib than destroy someone with the truth.”
这位讲话人还标明,“在我们最常说的50句鬼话中,有许多是恭维话,这不是一件功德。可是,需要再次偏重的是,与其说真话而损伤到别人,不如说些可以让人高兴的小鬼话,这样做如同更适合。”
TOP 50 MOST COMMON LIES
最常说的50句鬼话
1. I had no signal.
(那会儿)手机没信号。
2. I haven’t got
any cash on me.
我身上没带钱。
3. Nothing’s wrong – I’m fine.
没事,我挺好的。
4. You look lovely.
你真秀丽(帅)。
5. Nice to see you.
看到你真高兴。
6. I’ll give you a
ring.
我会给你打电话。
7. We’re just good friends.
咱们只是好兄弟而已啦。
8. We’ll have to meet up soon.
咱们很快会再会。
9. I’m on my way.
我在路上呢。
10. No, your bum doesn’t look big in that.
你的屁股看着没那么大。
11. Sorry, I missed your call.
抱愧,我没收到你的电话。
12. I’ll give up tomorrow.
明日起我就改。
13. I’m not angry with you.
我没生你的气。
14. The traffic was bad.
路上堵车了。
15. I’ve had this for ages.
这东西我早就有了。
16. It wasn’t that expensive.
没那么贵。
17. This will be my last pint.
就喝这最终一杯了。
学更多地道英语重视实战英语口语交流
实战英语口语交流
微信大众号:practiceEnglish (长按微信号仿制重视)
前进美语思维,英语口语,英语歌练习语音语调,每日一篇西方文明学习重视微信快速前进英语。